Elephant Art Safari
Get in touch with your creative side in the company of Africa's biggest land mammals
- Against the back drop of the view of the Masuwe River from open air Elephant Boma, guests enjoy an insightful presentation on the Wild Horizons Elephant Sanctuary and Orphanage.
- Guests will learn about the elephant in the care of the Sanctuary as well as their history, how they came to be in care as well as the threats facing elephant populations today, in an interesting and informative talk.
- Guests then venture down to a waterhole and mud wallow where, under the shade of an enormous Mopane tree, they will find a chair and easel - each set up with a fresh sheet of paper. Brightly coloured aprons and palettes with bright splotches of paint will also be handed out.
- A private tutor is on hand to assist guests through a painting workshop, using their sketch pads and brush
- After the art class transfer to the boma for a delicious two course buffet lunch accompanied by a cold beverage.
- After lunch guests are transferred back to their accommodation in Victoria Falls.
Minimum / Maximum participants
Pick up: 11h30 from hotels in Victoria Falls town.
Drop off: 14h30 hrs at hotels in Victoria Falls town
Duration: Approximately 3 hours
Age Restriction & Child Policy:
Minimum age: Children aged 5 and older can participate if accompanied by a parent. Management retains the right to refuse a child, whom they feel is unsuitable for the activity, for any reason.
What to wear and bring
• Wear comfortable clothing that provides sun protection and that you don’t mind getting dirty (painting is a messy business)
• Insect/Mosquito repellent
• Sun hats
• Polarised sunglasses
• Cameras (spare film/SD cards/disks!)
• Warm clothing in winter (April to August-early mornings are cold but heat up quickly)